To improve the product stewardship profile at the Company level, products/services marketed by TIM are also examined under the following criteria:
- health and safety of consumers;
- labelling of products and services;
- marketing communications;
- respect for privacy;
- compliance with applicable regulations;
- environmental impact of the product.
Marketed products are subject to a technical test aimed at ensuring their conformity with European directives and national laws, in particular:
- the EU regulations on the protection and safety of customers in using the equipment;the RoHS regulation which prohibits the use of certain substances in electrical and electronic equipment;
- the WEEE regulation on the disposal of electrical and electronic products at the end of their life cycle;
- European regulations nos. 1275/2008 and 278/2009 which implement the EuP (Energy-using Products) directive for terminals and their respective external power supplies.