Telecom Italia Media: fourth MUX, referred to the Court of Justice

07/06/2015 - 09:41 PM

- + Text size
Print

The Company announces that the operative provisions were filed today regarding the Council of State decision on the appeal presented by Persidera S.p.A. (former Telecom Italia Media Broadcasting  S.r.l. - TIMB, company currently owned by TI Media for 70% and the Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso for the remaining 30%) for the reform of the Lazio Administrative Court judgement regarding the failure to assign a further frequency to TIMB in the process of converting the networks from analogue to digital.

The Council of State confirmed the first instance judgement in the part in which it rejected or dismissed the objections raised by Persidera against the ministerial resolutions for assigning the frequencies, in the light of the contrast with AGCom resolution 181/09/CONS. For the purpose of deciding the remaining appeal profiles it ordered that the case documents be transmitted to the European Court of Justice, suspending judgement.

The Company reserved the right to carry out appropriate in-depth examinations, also in the light of the reasoning of the operative provisions (as of today unavailable), consistently with that already announced to the market.

Rome, 6 July 2015

Telecom Italia Media