- Save the date: 28 May, opening date of registration for the TIM Big Data Challenge 2015 contest
Are you ready to rev up the engines of innovation? From 28 May, you can put your creativity and expertise to the test and develop Big Data projects for the future. Registration has officially opened for the TIM Big Data Challenge 2015, the contest set up to encourage innovation in the Big Data field. It is open to individual professionals, academic institutions and companies.
This year, the theme is Big Data for Competitive Boost, namely, how data can contribute to the growth and competitiveness of Italy.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE TRACKS
To take part in the contest, you have a choice of two tracks (areas of action):
- Academic Track: for researchers and universities that develop highly innovative solutions, even in the experimental phase
- Industrial Track: for professionals in industry who develop more consolidated solutions suitable for transferring to the market in the short or medium term.
FUTURE DATES TO REMEMBER
- 28 July – deadline for registering
- 5 September – by this date, all participants need to have uploaded projects
- 14 September – the 5 finalists for each track will be notified
- 21 September - the final Big Data Jam event (Rome) with an award ceremony for the winners
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
The best ideas, selected by the TIM Big Data Challenge committee of internationally renowned experts, will receive a cash prize. Moreover, the data provided can be used to create scientific publications also after the end of the contest.
All you need to do is take part. And may the best man win!